Welcome

Hi,

First and foremost, thanks for reading this blog. Hopefully you find it quite amusing, it may even interest you. You don't have to be a stand-up comedian to enjoy this blog. You don't even need to know a stand-up comedian. You just need to be amused by the tales of a guy who gets on stage to try and make people laugh, often fails, and then documents it.


Either way, I hope you enjoy the reading and I appreciate your time and support.







Saturday, December 11, 2010

In the beginning.....

   So this is my very first blog. Please excuse the primal, lower than Myspace level of layout I have initially chosen to grace my page. I promise I will improve it as and when I become more computer savvy. Unfortunatley as it stands, my knowledge of editing web pages, internet settings and computers in general are up there with my Grandmas.
  I'm currently backpacking around Australia with my girlfriend and I've come across a few people who "blog". To be honest I thought it was some perverse sexual maneouvre at first but I'm lead to believe it's a way of communicating knowledge or information as and when it happens to the writer. If you are unaware of the concept of my blog, it is basically me documenting on a public format my journey into the scary world of stand up comedy. I have recently got into it and have attended three or four comedy workshops at a comedy club near where I am staying in Melbourne. Rightly or wrongly, I have decided to try my hand at it. The main reason for this is that I'm on the other side of the planet to anyone whose opinion I care about. So if you can't do something secretly, without your peers finding out, half way round planet Earth, when can you?
    I have written about four and a half minutes worth of material, mainly about women and sex, that seemed to go down quite well at the workshop (despite the fact I ran through it at the speed of a crazy man due to nerves and had to stop and read my notes every other sentence). So I have decided that this will be my routine. I am continuing to write new stuff all the time and am following the stand up comics golden rule of never going anywhere without a notepad (just incase you have a moment of genius). I have also pencilled myself in for my FIRST EVER GIG at an open mic night at a comedy club in Melbourne. It's still about 3 weeks off but I get butterflies just thinking about it. It's safe to say I'll be truly soiling myself on the night!
   So that's about it. You understand what I am doing, why I am doing it, and what stage I am currently at with it. I will continue to attend the workshops to gain valuable experience and will update my blog everytime I feel I have something worthy of it.
   Catch all you stand up lovers and wannabees later.

   Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment